Choose from Book and Kindle Versions
Surveys show that people fear public speaking more than death. If you do no more than overcome this fear so you’ll be able to speak before audiences with confidence, Public Speaking for the Genius, will have been an amazing find.
But it will do that, and much more! Indeed, this is the one book for both beginning and experienced speakers. Even if you’re not afraid of speaking in public, knowing how to do it without appearing boring or awkward is not easy!
With so much competition for attention from cell phones and other digital devices, the person who can successful get a group to listen definitely has the edge in business, educational and community circles. Those who don’t master this vital skill can stay stuck on the sidelines, passed over when promotions and other new opportunities arise.
In Public Speaking for the Genius, you’ll discover how to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes of presentations
- Focus on what members of your audience want and need from you so they’ll listen
- Engage your audience and maintain interest in a world with attention deficit disorder
- Employ tactics to overcome fear and anxiety in speaking
- Start with the end in mind. What do you want your audience to do?
- Tell stories to inspire and connect with your listeners
- Organize a great presentation with a strong opening, body and conclusion
- Gain extra value by repurposing your content for blogs, radio and webinars
- Prepare and rehearse in a deliberate, efficient way for maximum impact
- Deal with unexpected, hostile questions